This website is run by Birmingham City University International College (BCUIC) and we strive to create a website that can be used by as many people as possible, including those with:
- Impaired vision
- Motor difficulties
- Cognitive impairments or learning difficulties
- Deafness or hearing impairment
This means that you should be able to do the following:
- Zoom in up to 200% without impacting the functionality of the website
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
Customising browser settings
You can use your internet browser to enhance the usability of our website. Internet Explorer and Windows Edge tend to be more compatible with assistive technologies and often do not require any plugins to be installed. There are accessibility features and customisations that are available in Chrome, Firefox and Safari but they may require you to install specific plugins.
AbilityNet provides additional advice on how to make your device easier to use if you have a disability – read more here: AbilityNet - My computer my way.
How accessible is our website?
Some parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- Some pages and document attachments use technical jargon or complex language
- Some tables do not have row headers
- Some pages have poor colour contrast
- Some heading elements are not consistent
- Some images do not have good alternative text
- Many documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
- Most media will not have a transcript or be subtitled
We have a long term plan to improve the accessibility of our digital platforms; this includes auditing and reviewing our current functionality and creating new content and features with WCAG 2.1 accessibility in mind.
Third party content
Some content on our website is provided by a third party. We cannot always guarantee the accessibility of this content. For example:
- We often link to other external websites that may offer benefits to our users
- We sometimes use survey tools to collect feedback from users
- We sometimes use an external booking form for users to book a place at an event
However, where possible we will make every reasonable effort to work with our third party suppliers to meet accessibility requirements.
At present, we do not have all of our information available in an alternative format. Should you require information to be available to you in a different format, please contact the college at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to provide this in a timely manner.
Reporting an accessibility issue
We aim to achieve and maintain WCAG 2.1 standards but it is not always possible for all content to be accessible.
If you find that you are unable to use parts of our website, please email our web team at email@example.com to report this and we will look into making the necessary improvements.
Birmingham City University International College (BCUIC) is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
The full guidelines are available at: