The city of Birmingham
The youngest major city in Europe, with under-20s accounting for 29% of the population*
Train, tram, bus and taxi – and the city’s own international airport!
Birmingham has a huge international community, so if you’re looking for your favourite food from home, you’re likely to find it here!
Birmingham is recognised as one of the UK’s sporting hubs – being home to Premiership team West Bromwich Albion and Edgbaston Cricket Ground.
Home to the Bullring
One of Europe’s biggest shopping centres, with over 160 shops and 2,000 leading brands.
Birmingham is the UK’s second largest city and is ideally located in the very centre of the UK, making it easy to access other cities and towns.
Its rich, multicultural vibrancy is reinforced by its extensive offering of international cuisines and businesses.
Whatever your interests – shopping, sports, arts or food – you won’t be short of things to do and see in Birmingham.
- A population of more than 75,000 students*
- Get to London by train in 75 minutes and Manchester in 90 minutes
- The second most cost-effective city for students in the UK†
- The highest quality of life of any UK city outside London‡
- The highest rate of business growth of any UK city – double the national average§
- Recently declared the UK’s most rapidly improving city in which to live and work**
- Its own international airport, connecting to over 140 destinations worldwide – with direct flights to India, Qatar, Dubai, USA and most of Europe.
- Significant investment in the city centre – with HSBC’s UK headquarters relocating from London – and the city will be the host of the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- While Birmingham is currently just over an hour on the train from London, by 2026 the HS2 transport development right outside the City Centre Campus will reduce this journey time to just 49 minutes via high-speed trains.
* West Midlands Growth Company
† UNiDAYS 2017
‡ Mercer Quality of Living Report 2017
§ StartUp Britain/Marketing Birmingham 2016
** Good Growth for Cities index 2017
BCUIC at Bournville campus, City of Birmingham
BCUIC , Bournville Campus, Maple Road
Prospective Student Enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0) 121 331 5791