£8.5 million sports centre, with an 80-station fitness suite and 8-court sports hall
£41 million investment in new specialist laboratories for Health and Life Sciences
A Cisco ASC (Academy Support Centre) and ITC (Instructor Training Centre)
CITY trading room, using the same investment analysis software as traders
and financial analysts
Library with over 135 million resources
One of the UK's largest permanent green screens (used for several major
One of the world's largest jewellery schools
Over £11 million worth of computer equipment
Simulated magistrates and crown courts for ‘mooting’
The University's own in-house, student-run marketing agency - where students work on live briefs from real clients in the industry
Why Birmingham City University?
Birmingham City University comprises three main campuses, with additional sites located throughout the city – including one of the largest jewellery schools in the world.
The University is continuously improving – reflecting Birmingham’s urban transformation – with a £260 million investment in new facilities.
- #6 for Land and Property Management (The Times, 2021)
- #13 for Education (The Guardian, 2021)
- #23 for Engineering: Electronic & Electrical (The Guardian, 2021)
- #23 for Town and Country Planning and Lanscape (The Times, 2021)
- #28 for Architecture (The Times, 2021)
- #30 for Computer Science & Information Systems (The Guardian, 2021)
10 reasons to study at Birmingham City University:
- The city of Birmingham
- You will be learning in the UK's second-biggest city, at the heart of the country.
- Top student destination
- Birmingham is also the youngest major city in Europe, with under 25s accounting for nearly 40% of its population, so it’s the ultimate destination for students!
- Successful graduates
- Over 97% of BCU students are employed or in further study within six months of graduating*.
- Global industry links
- BCU works with big-name employers like the BBC, the NHS, Jaguar Land Rover, Cisco, Microsoft and the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Professionally accredited
- The University boasts internationally recognised course accreditations, including ACCA, CIMA and RIBA.
- Job opportunities
- All degrees incorporate workrelated experience, with many offering a year-long placement. The on-campus employment agency also advertises paid roles at the University.
- Careers support
- You can access dedicated careers support and advice throughout your time at BCU and for up to three years after graduating.
- Freedom to explore
- Living and studying at the heart of the UK, you can travel far and wide via national rail and the international airport.
- Value for money
- With rent prices in Birmingham over 50% lower than in London†, you can save more money for exploring!
- Flexible entry points
- A wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are accessible via flexible entry points here at Birmingham City University International College (BCUIC).
*DLHE Survey 2016/17
† numbeo.com, January 2021