£8.5 million sports centre, with an 80-station fitness suite and 8-court sports hall
£41 million investment in new specialist laboratories for Health and Life Sciences
A Cisco ASC (Academy Support Centre) and ITC (Instructor Training Centre)
CITY trading room, using the same investment analysis software as traders
and financial analysts
Library with over 135 million resources
One of the UK's largest permanent green screens (used for several major
One of the world's largest jewellery schools
Over £11 million worth of computer equipment
Simulated magistrates and crown courts for ‘mooting’
The University's own in-house, student-run marketing agency - where students work on live briefs from real clients in the industry
Why Birmingham City University?
Birmingham City University comprises three main campuses, with additional sites located throughout the city – including one of the largest jewellery schools in the world.
The University is continuously improving – reflecting Birmingham’s urban transformation – with a £260 million investment in new facilities.
- #7 for Land and Property Management (The Times, 2018)
- #11 for Building and town and country planning (The Guardian, 2018)
- #20 for Architecture (The Guardian, 2018)
- #24 for Art (The Guardian, 2018)
- #30 for Education (The Guardian, 2018)
What else does the University offer?
- #7 in the UK for employability*
- 97% of students in employment or further study within six months of graduating*
- 100,000 international alumni across 120 countries.
- Around 50 professional accreditations.
- A dedicated student employment agency, offering job opportunities on campus.
- Located in ‘the coolest neighbourhood in Britain’†
- £260 million investment in City Centre Campus facilities – including four industry-standard TV studios.
- Over 100 societies to join (international culture, faiths and beliefs etc.)
*DLHE Survey 2016/17
† The Sunday Times 2018